1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh, Pirates and Pints

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jul 27, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No hate. I love Squirrel Hill. If you go for pizza, I'd take the drive out of the way for Mineo's.

Just not the best place for bars.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No love yet for the original Primanti Bros. place? I know it's in an out of the way spot, but you have to eat one of those in Pittsburgh.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Um, I think you'd do best to wait until you get to the park and bargain with a scalper for good seats, plenty of which are readily available

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Someone lurking around the park probably has tickets they aren't using. I've scored free tickets for PNC just hanging around the gates.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Great park to watch a game, BTW.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I was there earlier in the year. Pretty nice city, walkable and friendly people.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my cousin lives in pittsburgh

8. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

I'm going next weekend.
    I'll be with my kids. My agenda is to go to the Carnegie Science museum in the morning and to a Pirates game in the afternoon.
    My plan is to hand outside the gate and hope someone gives me three tickets or scalp at a low price by the second inning.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

PM me folks, I'm there Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted