1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh, I am in need of suggestions.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, May 6, 2008.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well it seems the game isn't on. :(

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Rangers are up 2-0 at half, sez Sky Sports.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

yeah I have the BBC on my other browser window. I bless the iPhane. I am just sad at missing Beasley's goal

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Pastor, how did it go?

I hope you didn't spend the entire weekend trying to watch soccer.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Had I spent my time there watching soccer, my wife would have beheaded me!

The trip itself was very nice.

We arrived early and tried to watch the Scottish FA Cup Final. However, Pipers Pub did not have it on. This was very disappointing, but not surprising.

After this, we went over to the Omni and checked in. The room was nice enough there. Our view was opposite the water, but that mattered little.

We took a walk down to The Strip and landed at Roland’s. We sat outside and had an appetizer along with a couple of drinks. When the time was right we walked back to downtown and ate dinner at the Sonoma Grille.

They had a great wine menu and the food was rather good. It allowed for us to make it an early night and be rested for Sunday.

We woke up and walked down to DeLuca’s for breakfast. The ham was rather good and the eggs with crabmeat and shrimp was very good, because of the sauce on top. I don’t know about “best breakfast place anywhere” but it was a great diner-type setup and food.

We walked over to the Andy Warhol Museum and then walked over to PNC Park. I was rather impressed by the museum itself. It wasn’t just the Warhol portion that was good, it was the other artists as well.

PNC Park was nice and compact. It wasn’t too large and the layout aloud for good seats just about anywhere.

For dinner we rode on the Duquesne Incline and ate at a steakhouse on Mount Washington. The view was fantastic. The food was pretty good, but not great. Right now the name of the place has escaped me.

At one point, my wife was looking through a tour book and stumbled upon an ad for a place that she knew I would love called Church Brew Works. After dinner we headed there and had some beer brewed in a church. Some of the beer there was really good. I don’t know about the coconut beer, but that is fine.

Overall, I would say that we had a very good time. We hardly ever drove because most things were within walking distance. The places we ate gave us full stomachs. The sites we saw provided another notch in our proverbial tour belt.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nice.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

That we did.

Now it is up to Flash to deliver Calgary... :)

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, I'd forgotten to recommend Brew Works (the church converted into a restaurant/brewery). You're not going to find that in many cities.

Glad you had a nice visit.

Draft saved Draft deleted