1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh area fitness center massacre

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I know what you're saying, but I can't live my life as is today is the day I might be mowed down. It would be too much stress on me, my wife, my kids and everyone around me. I kiss and hug everyone goodbye because I expect I will see them later, not just in case a crazy shoots me.

2. Yeah, it's a never their fault. Fuckers.
    Oh how I wish there was a hell for these cowards to roast.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

You can also look at it from the other side, that it saves the state from having to try this dick and make his victims relive their moment of terror, then saves the taxpayers from having to foot the bill for housing, feeding and clothing this guy for the rest of his life.

4. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

A few things:
    1. Was in the PNC Park press box working last night. Petit was working on a no-hitter deep into the game and there started to be a buzz around his performance, even in the box.
    As soon as word trickled to a few of us about the shooting, it just zapped the entire life out of the possibility of any excitement with covering a no-hitter. Totally sickening feeling.

2. The shooter previously worked at my wife's company....so it hits pretty close to home. Also, her office is about 500 yards from that gym and numerous people she works with workout there.

3. You can still get the blog entries here: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/pdf/200908/20090805webpage_sodini.pdf

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

6. Thanks for posting.

Jesus H. Christ reading the blog entries are just eerie. Eerie.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The one reason (besides hopes of martyrdom and general craziness) I can think of why these wackjobs kill themselves after killing others is that they are in such shock after committing the act that they feel bad about it, (a 'Oh my God, what have I done?') and that they feel the only way they can make it up is by offing themselves.

Still, I wish someone would have blown him away before he killed anyone.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

[blue]A gun-wielding asshole is a right-wing wacko? Wow, that's shocking.[/blue]

Can't wait for the heehaw spin on this one, either.

9. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Wow. That is all.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, it doesn't sound like this guy's problem was political. He was a whiny little scumbag who couldn't take responsibility for the sad little life he made for himself, so he decided to blame the women around him. I may not believe in Hell, but that doesn't mean I can't wish that there was one with a particularly nasty corner for this pathetic, murdering coward.

To me, this shouldn't be political. This is a case of a disgrace of a human being doing something horrible on his way out.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I agree. It was his issues relating with the opposite sex.
    I don't have a lot of luck in that part of my life either, but you don't see me doing anything like this.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, when the guy's first posts are about the liburahl media and how bad it is that a Black Man is president I think we can safely assume he's got some political anger that fueled at least some of his rage.

I believe in hell and am sure he's there right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.