1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pitts Targeted by White Supremacists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jgmacg, Jun 21, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Hmm...I wonder if the Black KKK targeted Whitlock.....

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Sadly, not surprising.

As for Mr. White and his 280-knucklehead-strong "national" party, the world would be a better place without them in it.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Bad news. Anyone have a link to the column in question? The last line alone is certain to draw ire, whether it's valid or not.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What the hell is the matter with people?

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Do you honestly not know?

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

The last line is incendiary if one disconnets the dots written in the article which lead up to that last line.

Unfortunately, too many people subscribe to that type of selective skimming and allow one "line" or "comment" to embody the article

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The subject line has the words "white supremacists," and the Google ad I'm looking at on this page is an offer to receive Ann Coulter's "articles" free by e-mail. I know it will change after I refresh the page, but I found that interesting.

12. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Sorry, but the last line was sure to piss off the people (nutjobs, IMHO) to whom Pitts was sending the message.

Had I written the column I might have used a similar statement to summarize my feelings on the matter.

But do you think the intention of that line was to make nice?

Draft saved Draft deleted