1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pitchfork Journalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If you want to be taken seriously, at some point you have to start acting seriously.

2. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I think Doyel, at 60, will be challenging people to fights. Not sure he'll outgrow that.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

"Ring the fucking bell, you pansy!!"

[​IMG]

4. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Ace: You are not running for president, that I know of.

And besdies, SFExpress is clearly the fan favorite right now.

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I've often wondered: Regardless of politics, and I'm not even taking a side, how do you resolve the urge to poke vs. a strong disagreement with that person's political views. I mean, what if it's REALLY a strong disagreement, like it gets into morals and ethics.

Ann Coulter, if she's your cup of tea the one way, obviously comes to mind in the other.

6. [​IMG]

Pretty sure the urge to poke that crosses political lines. I'd poke that like a cheese cracker!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I do not understand the question. There cannot possibly be an urge to poke Adam's Apple Annie.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Well, treading lightly there. I guess some would find her attractive.

For a time, she used to date a Democrat; they broke up, oddly enough, over "philosophical differences."

Palin is obviously the best example of this problem, although to Chris, there IS no problem, which is a reasonable stance.

9. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Well, first of all, you don't say it out loud, especially if you are a political candidate or commentator.

Second of all, you imagine the person right in front of you. Would you truly take a swing at them?

I have been pretty pissed at a lot of people over the years, but I have not taken a swing at anyone since high school.

To me, that's just a step too far.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I dunno that it's exactly defending anybody; probably just a distaste for a mob mentality no matter what the case, that journalism should be better than that.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I think we now are working with two very different definitions of poke, Billy.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am using the Larry McMurty/Lonesome Dove definition of "poke" by the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted