1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pitchers on Steroids--espnmag

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jun 22, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Great collection of stories on pitchers and steroid use in the current issue....how pitchers have juiced, how they get away with it. Anyone read it yet?

2. Haven't seen it yet. Can you share some of the highlights?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I read it. It is well done. Didn't think it broke a ton of new ground, but it concisely explained some things that people are confused about. If anything, people who now think, "Oh, they have a testing policy, so the game is clean" might be awakened to how inadequate the policy is. Would love to here from the guy, Pube?, who spent a week on here arguing that pitchers don't benefit from steroids. Not surprisingly, many of the current Red Sox players who played with Paxton Crawford in the minors were discrediting him today.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Terrific section on how to avoid a positive test....Shaun Assael shows four ways to beat the system.....I didn't know that mlb can only test a MAXIMUM of 60 players, league-wide, throughout the off-season....so if you time it right, etc.

A good as-told-to from former pitcher Paxton Crawford, about how he did it and what he took, etc.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I said that pitchers run a MUCH bigger risk than everyday players and I'm sure the ones who use are the ones who know they don't have enough to make the bigs.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

As far as Ragu is concerned, MLB could be asking players to submit their frontal lobe for testing, and it wouldn't be enough.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's a shame Nurse Ratched took yours already, DP.

Draft saved Draft deleted