1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pistachio ice cream, WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Excellent. I love pistachio ice cream.
    However, I have never had a lime Starburst, and that really bothers me.
    Lime is clearly the most delicious of nature's flavors.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Bubbler,

If you get to Toronto I'll buy you a waffle cone of pistachio at Hollywood Gelato (homemade stuff). Unbelievable. Exotic ice cream flavours too ... gingerbread at holiday time, pumpkin pie, coconut cream pie, carrot cake (okay, not my favorite), key lime pie ... all the pie flavours with bits of crust inside.

YD&OHS, etc

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

My memories of pistachio ice cream are from Ansbach, Germany. The ice cream man drove a VW bus around and served a treat called spaghetti ice. He took the hard packed ice cream, pressed it through a pasta thingy to make it look like noodles, topped it with cherry sauce for the, well, sauce, and sprinkled it with crushed nuts for the cheese. Cost: 2 marks. And in 1985, that was like 67 cents. Good stuff.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

In the Czech Republic and Slovakia they have a chocalate ice cream sandwich, trade name is Ruskie, the one thing their former occupiers left behind.

YD&OHS, etc

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Ooey Gooey Jizz Explosion is deeeeeelicious

6. Sammi

Sammi Member

Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio ice cream is THE BEST STORE-BOUGHT ICE CREAM. Period.

It is the one and only pint of ice cream I have ever devoured... in one sitting (and I wasn't sitting for long).

Baskin Robins and several other chains have pistachio ice cream with some other kind of nut... pistachio almond?? That deserves a true WTF!

And now I'm sitting at work drooling over the though of B&J's PP... and I will have to wait until the 11pm news is over. A curse -- and while I'm at it -- a pox on all of you!

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Pistachio ice cream is the greatest thing in the world, and those who do not like it have no soul.

And yes, it is damn difficult to find the real thing anymore. Especially ice cream that transfers the pistachio taste into the ice cream as well as the nuts.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And in Soviet Russia, chocolate ice cream sandwich has YOU!

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Pistachio ice cream is delightful.

As is pistachio pudding.

10. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I've always loved pistachio ice cream. It was funny, for a long time here in Canada, everyone stopped making it but now it seems to have made a comeback and it's even in grocery stores. Excellent stuff, I'm going to have to go buy a carton now.

11. I think pistachio ice cream sounds disgusting. I tried it once and won't ever eat it again.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

pistachio ice cream = muy delicioso. 8) 8) 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted