1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pirates to Tracy: You're out .. and you suck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 5, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No way Jocketty and LaRussa were headed to a Double-A club.

The Curve are run 10 times better than the Pirates. Maybe they should swap leagues. Altoona probably could avoid 100 losses, at least.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Please tell me they didn't fire Tim Leiper. The man can curse with the best of them.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. I still haven't figure out why they moved Walker from behind the plate after only one professional season. I just don't see him becoming anything special unless he is behind the plate. His upside as a hitter was and is pretty good as a catcher, not so much as a third baseman.

But the goal here is to get the relatively high-profile first-round pick to the majors as soon as possible, long-term development be damned. He's a local kid, so even casual baseball Pittsburgh are going to pay attention and wonder where he is.

One more example of terrible, short-sighted thinking. Exactly why this franchise is a joke.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Cuban. He is the only hope at this point.

I don't know. I'm sure a Pirate prospect will pan out. They all have up to this point.

I think one full season of Matt Morris on the mound will solidify the rotation.

Fuckity, fuck, fuck, fuck.

15 years of my life and counting down the shitter.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Fuck Mark Cuban

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One day, I hope to be able to quit wearing this shirt...

[​IMG]

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Dear 93Devil,

As we said on page 1 of this thread, Cuban will buy our team before he ever writes a check to buy your team.

Signed,

Chicago, Illinois
    The home of the bandwagon-jumping Fighting Zookers

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I am very surprised no one in the media here has mentioned him yet.
    The consensus seems to be Joel Skinner, as he's a friend of Huntington.

Draft saved Draft deleted