1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pirates fire GM Dave Littlefield

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

I still think that baggage isn't worth it.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Let the Dan Duquette rumors heat up.

Good job by Bob Nutting giving him a two-year extension on the eve of the 2006 season, the season where that team took a decent leap backward. So I think they're still on the hook for the final year.

Having lived through the Duquette Era in Boston, I can tell you that his baggage and snideness will make everyone pine for Goofy Marky.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd take the sideshow if it resulted in a playoff appearance. Not a World Series win. Not an NLCS win. Just make the frickin' playoffs.

Pittsburgh Baseball - Rebuilding since 1992

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I could not possibly disagree with you more. I'll take his sideshow over owners like the Nuttings, who will NEVER do what it takes to win, in a heartbeat. Owners who don't even try to win are the disgrace. Cuban may be a bit annoying, but took look at what he did with the Mavericks. That organization was a disgrace. The team sucked and the franchise was not making money. Cuban turned them into a success on the court and a money-maker.

In. A. Heart. Beat.

5. boots

boots New Member

Ed Wade will be the new man in P-burgh.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The Nuttings probably only fired Littlefield because he wasn't making them enough dough. These people care nothing about product and there's absolutely nuttin' in their history which should make one believe they've finally have seen the light.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I heard Duquette will be the CEO. Don't know how reliable that is, though.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Haven't Pirates fans suffered enough?!

Seriously, this wouldn't shock me. That is how little faith I have in the current ownership.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

WE WILL ... finally give the ax to our GM.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Well, if the Astros don't hire him first.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

The other hot rumor this week in St. Louis was Jocketty and LaRussa to the Bucs.

12. boots

boots New Member

It's a better than even money shot. Wade is looking at Houston but I don't think he'll get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.