1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pirates fire GM Dave Littlefield

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

Wonder if this means the CEO and GM search for the Pirates are closer than farther from completion?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07250/815475-100.stm

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think Matt Morris' first paycheck just hit the Nutter's accounting department. :D

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That organization won't be successful until Nutting is out. There are so many changes that need to be made, and I'm sure Jim Tracy isn't far behind Littlefield.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Great move ... and about four years overdue.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Amen

Cuban! Cuban! Cuban!

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The reader comments are hilarious.

Especially this one...

It gives me hope that Bob Nutting is going to be the owner the Pirates need. -- John Lease, Clifton, Va.

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I dig Alan Robinson's frustration and snarkiness here. How many bad Pirates losses has that guy seen?

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- General manager Dave Littlefield was fired Friday by the Pittsburgh Pirates after six-plus seasons in which the team showed little progress on the field or in its farm system.

Director of player development Brian Graham will serve as the interim general manager until Littlefield's replacement is found.

The firing came with three weeks left in the season and the Pirates in their customary spot in last place in the NL Central, with a 61-79 record -- three losses away from a 15th consecutive losing season, one off the major league record.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Deck chairs, rearrangement, Titanic, etc.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OH GOOD, he's available for the Orioles

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that. Bucs fans can only dream ...

11. markvid

markvid Guest

You don't want Cuban here, it's not worth the sideshow.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

But that sideshow could maybe accompany a winner, like it did with the Mavs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.