1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pineiro to Red Sox?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by casty33, Jan 3, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Indeed! Best trade of Duquette's regime.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That Twins crack was totally deserved, Mr Saint, and you are now advised to go hump a power tool. ;)

Fat, drunk and stupid is a good way to end up in Rochester, apparently.

3. Msaint

Msaint Member

:)...wasn't so much a crack on the Twins as it was on Ponson, the fat slug.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, but after the Twins paid $4.5 million for Carlos Silva and Liriano went under the knife, you knew that Pohlad would loosen the purse strings and let Ryan pull off a big time pitcher signing to bolster the club's chances in the competitive AL Central.

Or, we'll keep nickel and diming and pick up Sidney Fucking Ponson.

5. Msaint

Msaint Member

Well, OK, you're right...it was a crack on the Twins being mid-market skinflints again. ;) Just didn't want to rub it in because, well, there's a 417 lb. example of said skinflintedness/skinflintery/skinflintism (take your pick) who, as we speak, is filling out his twelfth Pizza Hut frequent eater punch card since arriving in Rochester three days ago.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, you're cool with me on that.

Just keep that down around Rosie, or you'll wind up grounded...

7. statrat

statrat Member

Although the M's did manage to get Jamie Moyer away from them for Darren Bragg. I was ready to call that trade a disaster when Bragg hit a game winning grand slam against the Mariners a few weeks later in Fenway, but I guess it all worked out in the end.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Bragg was definitely a far-better short-term pickup, though.

9. casty33

casty33 Active Member

And the latest free agent signing ... David Newhan to the Mets. What does this do to the balance of power in the NL? (ha ha ha)

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The Mariners sure have a rich history of can't-miss pitching prospects who miss.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Really? I think they are batting around league average, especially if Hernandez blossoms. They're no Cubs or Mets.

Draft saved Draft deleted