1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pineapple Express (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Been hearing for MONTHS how great this was going to be, so I scooted over to check it out today. Mistake. I give up on Apatow. Knocked Up was hilarious. Superbad less so. This one a distant third. I like stoner humor as much as the next guy, but I also expected a plot that's something better than a 13yo boy would write.

Franco is the best part of the movie. Rogen's Rogen, as always. The rest of it is just putrid. Save your dough.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Apatow didn't direct or have much of anything to do with Pineapple Express.

3. Killick

It's under the auspices of his production company, and the same gang appears... so I'm not letting him off the hook. And any movie with Rosie Perez (since Do the Right Thing) is doomed to fail.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I saw it this afternoon. I was a little disappointed. Didn't laugh as much as I hoped I would.
    On the bright side it's nice to see Rosie Perez still looking good.

5. Killick

... if you like troll dolls with speech impediments...

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I've seen a lot worse. I was a little pissed about having made plans, then finding out it costs eight-freaking-seventy-five to get in. Back to the daytime shows.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watched it tonight. Yeah. Funny at times. But not as good as I had hoped. The fight scenes were fun in a kooky sort of way. A couple of cringeworthy moments here too. But overall -- C+.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Not so much a comedy as an action movie in the same vein as Hot Fuzz.
    I liked the fight scene where neither guy knew how to fight, so it goes on forever.
    That was funny.
    And the scene where he goes to meet his girlfriend, who is in high school, and they make out in the hall and then he argues with the teacher was flat out hilarious.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I don't see why? You could take your usual date and it would still cost just eight-freaking-seventy-five

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I liked these movies better when Cheech & Chong did them in the late 70s / early 80s.

Draft saved Draft deleted