1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Piggyback Bandit spotted in North Dakota

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Damn, good catch. I wonder how long until that gets corrected.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

He gave himself the nickname? Sheesh.

A 28-year-old "man" jumps on the back of high school kids? Sounds like a psychotic pedophile.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Already on the case.

[​IMG]

4. black59razor

black59razor New Member

If this guy was doing this to HS girls, people would be taking it much more seriously. I think he needs a good long prison sentence. And don't give me the soft-on-crime, get-him-help B.S. This is just weird.

5. Biscayne

Biscayne Guest

"The judge told him to go back to Seattle and behave."

Translation: "Stop being an embarrassing little maggot."

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He should head to Lexington and try to cadge piggyback rides from UK players and Coach Cal.

He'd blend right in. No one would bat an eye.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've seen preps stringers who were just as creepy. Early in career, I covered a swim meet and the preps stringer from the other paper (who was in his late 30s) sat there and commented on the rack of every high school swimmer there. A year or so later he was fired (or they stopped using him) for stalking a teenager (although not an athlete...).

8. http://espn.go.com/high-school/story/_/id/7581140/piggyback-bandit-puzzles-high-school-sports-officials-northwest

Jeez, it's a creepy story. You can totally see a scenario where he kills or seriously injures someone because he doesn't get his way, and everyone will be wondering what should have been done before it went that far.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Don't give the guy any hints, dammit.

There are enough crazies here as it is.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What I find more bothersome is that we've got a pattern of behavior dating back quite a few years and no one has intervened until earlier this month. I know you can't arrest someone because you think he might do something, but still ...

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I could see "Piggyback Rides With Coach Cal" on ESPN2.

12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Conversely, if this was a beautiful 28-year-woman, she'd be a modern-day folk hero (....or at least until her inevitable entry into the Poin files.)

Draft saved Draft deleted