1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pick the nl champ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Oct 1, 2007.

?

i'll even include the playoff to get to the playoffs; Who goes to the World Series?

1. Cubs

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Phils

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Dbacks

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Rockies

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  5. Padres

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. printdust

printdust New Member

Cubs win! Cubs win! :eek:

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Phillies, and they'll lose only 1 game en route to the World Series.

That said, it'd be neat to see the Cubbies in the World Series. A certain Billy I know would be very happy.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Yankees-Cubs and the A-Rod story line...great theater.

4. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Didn't you vote Indians in the other thread? Anyone, you've got the Cubs/Phillies/Indians as the long-suffering franchises (same can be said for San Diego if they're in). So that said, it'll probably be Arizona against New York :D

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I picked Arizona. They flew under the radar for me this year and suddenly have the best record in the NL. Webb is lights out. Beyond that, I really know nothing about them but they don't have nearly the pressure Chicago and Philadelphia have.

I could see the Cubs winning the NL, though, because of Zambrano and Lilly, but that bullpen is shitty and that could cost them.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Hey, I'd have said Red Sox-Cubs, but Boston ended their frustration three years ago.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fixed. The rest of the bullpen is fine.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The shitty guys won't see the field. Wood, Marmol, Howry and Dempster will get the bulk of the calls. Wuertz is ok. Eyre has been very good in the second half. If they can score some runs they should be ok.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Chicago's pen has actually looked good down the stretch.

Provided, as AQB says, it's Wood, Marmol, Howry and Dempster.

Will Ohman? No, man!

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Huh, I didn't know they had turned it on.
    I'd still be nervous about Dempster as my closer, but hell I am worried about Rivera.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Gotta be the Phils. If their '64 collapse was eclipsed, then they got a shot.

12. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

I hope the cubs pull it out. Loved it when the Red Sox finally won a few years back. I'll love it again when the Cubs do it this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted