1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Piano Man: Should I go?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Oct 3, 2007.

?

I have the opportunity to buy REALLY good seats for Billy Joel in concert. Should I go?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Scalp 'em

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Idaho, I saw Cirque du Soleil when they came to Halifax. All the shows were sold out. They were the hottest ticket of the summer. I can tell you that you are in for a treat. The only thing I expected a little more of is acrobatics. But nonetheless, it was fantastic. Each time you wanted more, they delivered. Encores galore.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think he's past the midlife crisis of forcing classical music upon his fans.

That said, I would have climbed over a number of bodies to get to those tickets.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I wish you would have decided to go, Idaho. Thing is, I'm very biased.

I saw him live eight years ago. Still have the T-shirt ... very good show.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

changed my mind. and noticed I was forgetting to plug in the presale code for the concert. Ended up with fifth row up, not floor, seats.

if something comes up, have no doubt I can scalp them.

5. Sam Mills 51

Good work. I seriously doubt you'll regret it.

There's only about two groups out there I would fight harder for than Billy Joel. Maybe ...

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm actually REALLY looking forward to the San Fran trip.

It's a couple of days after Christmas. I'll have the event tickets and airline tickets in her stocking . We're flying out bright and early in the morning, going to spend all day in SF doing fun stuff, go to Cirque at PacBell (they're putting up a big top and doing it like an old fashioned circus, but Cirque style) and then we're spending one night at the Westin, spending all day doing tourist stuff the next day and flying back in the evening.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I thought it was pretty much a draw.

When Elton did Piano Man.... damn, that was cool.

8. Sam Mills 51

I would have loved to see a Face To Face Tour gig ... the American and European versions of the same. Same, yet different. Or something like that.

I've seen them both live, but I hear the FTF shows were quite good.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Saw him and Elton John several years ago - I think 2001 - and it was AWESOME. One of the best concerts ever.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I saw him in the mid-to-late 80s right around the time I also saw Genesis (Invisible Touch tour) and Journey (last album and tour with Steve Perry).

Joel was outstanding. No opening act, either.

11. Rick Vaughn

Rick Vaughn New Member

I saw Billy Joel in April at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Best show I've ever been to. I had an out-of-body experience during "We Didn't Start the Fire"

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Yeah, go. I saw him with Elton John and both were very entertaining. But that was many years ago; I'm sure he can't hit some of those notes now.

Draft saved Draft deleted