1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photoshop, please help!

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by wicked, Feb 27, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

So I'm trying to recreate this pic.

[​IMG]

Same idea: I have a vertical photo for a horizontal spot.

Here's what I've done so far: I've imported the pic, blew it up really big, and then imported a copy of the image in the foreground.

Offer some help, and I'll send you some cookies or another token of appreciation.

Thanks.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I thought there’s a new app for this kind of thing - mainly for videos, but should work for stills too.

Saw it on Czabe’s Twitter feed in the past few months. Not sure of the name.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Change the canvas size from the drop down under “image” to be a square or horizontal format.

Create a layer behind the vertical original and paste a copy of the original into it.

For the background photo used to fill the blank horizontal space, after you enlarge the copy of the original to fill, go to filters and use Blur ▶️ Gaussian Blur to fuzzy up the image.

With the sharper vertical image on the top layer, you can position it to be centered on the blurred background.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted