1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photography Position

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by pressboxramblings07, Jun 11, 2007.

1. I know this is a sports job board, but I'm sure some could be qualified (or know someone who is) in the photography department.

Anyways ...

The Tyler Morning Telegraph is accepting resumes and portfolios for the position of Staff Photographer. The applicant should have a portfolio demonstrating a wide range of shooting skills from features and breaking news to sports and essays. The resume should reflect daily newspaper experience.

The Morning Telegraph is a 45,000-circulation daily in East Texas. Coverage over recent years has included the Columbia disaster over East Texas and the Tyler courthouse shootings. The Staff Photographer is responsible for coverage of a large regional area that includes 80 high schools. An upbeat, proactive, enthusiastic attitude with a sense of humor is a requirement. This position requires ability in a wide range of shooting skills. Applicants should feel comfortable in any shooting conditions from breaking news to formal social events, including studio work. The company provides Nikon gear. A full understanding of multimedia and Web journalism is a plus.

The Tyler Morning Telegraph is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified employees must pass a drug test and background check.

Contact Managing Editor Dave Berry by e-mail (dvberry@tylerpaper.com). Links to web portfolios as a preliminary introduction are fine, but please send Windows compatible CD portfolios by mail, they will not be returned. No phone calls please.

Send to Dave Berry, Managing Editor, Tyler Morning Telegraph, P.O. Box 2030, Tyler, TX 75710.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone with any questions about this job can PM me or e-mail me at pressboxramblings07@yahoo.com.

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

Photographers often take sports photos. It's okay to post it here.

Draft saved Draft deleted