1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photo Sites

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Aug 2, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I have a cache of nature photos, and I was thinking of trying to sell a few to support my baseball card habit.

I recall a few Web sites that will host your photos and allow others to buy them. Does anyone have info on this sort of thing?

2. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

http://www.photoshelter.com/

This is run by the same people who run sportsshooter.com

3. HeinekenMan

Thanks for the tip.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

5. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

I'll add that it would be a good idea to develop a niche. There are tens of thousands of nature photos out there to compete with - If you're the only one with pictures of, say, the southern pine beetle, you might get some sales out of it.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

ratemynaturephotos.com

oops, wrong kind of site

7. HeinekenMan

How did you know about my love of the Southern Pine Beetle?

Actually, I see what you're saying. One site, perhaps the one you recommended, had dozens and dozens of photos depicting butterflies on flowers. I snapped that sort of shot a few days ago. It seemed sort of like a generic pic, but I never considered the number of people shooting such things. It looks as though some of the more obscure shots are the ones being purchased.

I thought of having a Florida calendar made or some such thing. I'm more of a hobbyist than anything, but an extra buck or two never hurts. After all, the Ozzie Smith rookie just went over $150 on eBay.

Draft saved Draft deleted