1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philosophy of Football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jan 23, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

now i don't have a clue what you're talking about. i don't understand how this hypothetical about reggie bush being an a terrible team relates to what ragu posted about instincts, which you said is exactly what you are looking for.

adjusting to playing on the field and being a professional athlete on a losing team are two wholly different things.

what ragu wrote is true for players who lost in college and won in college. it makes no difference.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Leo, if you've won every place you played and you're a stud, you're likely going to go high in the draft, which means you're going to a team that's not very good. The Saints notwithstanding, my question was in general about how these players deal with going from being a winner to being on a team which loses all the time.

Again, it's a focus on the philosophy of football.

Ragu didn't answer my question exactly, but the discussion, the insight, is exactly what I was hoping to generate.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This would be a bigger adjustment for basketball players, but the length of the season has to be a tough adjustment too. After eight regular season games and four exhibition games you've played the equivalent of a college season but you've still got at least eight games to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted