1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philly Doctor Facing 8 Counts Of Murder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

By description of area guessing his patients were not from "The Main Line. Most likely a lot of poor people with little ability to raise an issue and probably happy to be relieved of the burden.

Will be interesting if more come forward now.

Would it be possible that mothers could be charged as accessory to murder since they were willing participants. Might also be reason they did not come forward.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It seems to me that Rick's comment is a social commentary, not a joke.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

This is one of the most sickening things I have ever read. The state should also be sued if they actually ignored complaints and failed to inspect this chamber of horrors for over 15 years. I cannot believe how long this went on.

And apparently those sedated women you just mentioned, YF, were administered anesthesia by a high school student.

Dear God.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, at least one 15-year-old was employed to administer anesthesia. That's a heck of an after school job.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fuck the trial. Put a bullet in the back of his head and toss him in a fucking dumpster.

Let the rats knaw on his body.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Have fun in prison doc, because you'll be one popular guy. Good as gold, or currency, among the inmates.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Prison's too good for this fucking lowlife. He deserves death, and hopefully an agonizing one.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'd doubt it. The DA would have to prove that they knew that they were going to give birth and have the doctor kill it outside the womb.

To the women, they had gone there to have an abortion. The DA would have to prove that they knew that they were too far along in the pregnancy for an illegal abortion.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"When labor was induced and a baby was born, Dr. Gosnell would kill it by cutting into its neck and severing its spinal cord in a process he referred to as “snipping.” In one case involving a 17-year-old who was 30 weeks pregnant, prosecutors said, Dr. Gosnell induced labor, severed the fetus’s spine and put the body in a shoe box. “The doctor joked that the baby was so big, ‘he could walk me to the bus stop,’ ”

I don't think charging the mother with accessory is a stretch.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The DA would still have to prove that the women went there to have the fetus killed after giving birth instead of just going there to have an abortion.

Did the doctor tell the women that this method, if you could call it that, was considered an abortion? These women, odds are, probably didn't study abortion laws in their social studies classes.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What. The. Fuck.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I want to state that I am 100% pro-choice before I give my opinion here.

Burn this idiot. You don't kill living beings. Ever. This only weakens the pro-choice movement. What an idiot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.