1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philadelphia Tourist Info?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'd go to Paddy's Pub.

JackReacher likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The beer list at Monk's Cafe is tremendous. Ms. Ragu likes Mussels and is very discriminating about them and how they are prepared and Monk's passes her muster. I am not a beer geek, but I stumbled upon Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale. They import it from Belgium, I think, but it is branded with their name on it. It is unlike anything I have ever tasted, in a good way.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep, I had the mussels there as well. Was in town for a playoff football game at Villanova. Downtown was a lot more fun than I remembered from my previous visit about a decade before.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ketchup is the standard condiment for a cheesesteak. Nothing weird about it.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

National Mechanics bar on 3rd St. is kind of cool. An upscale divey feeling place in an old Gothic building. It has stained glass windows and the booths have church pews for seating.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can get behind the whiz. Not the ketchup.

Fly likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted