1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philadelphia Officer Shot Dead While Trying to Stop Robbery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

RIP, Officer Wilson.

They said more than 50 shots were fired in the GameStop. That's a lot of shots in not a lot of space.

And, reports are they found an AK-47 in one of the suspects' home.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Apart from your new jihad here YF, what is it you are looking for from this thread? Are you expecting someone to come here and say this isn't awful, that he deserved it because he's a cop?

He was shot by a lowlife piece of shit, I doubt anybody is going to argue that with you.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm sure this can all be traced back to Mayor de Blasio and his pal Al Sharpton. Philly is just 95 miles away.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That area is not too far from Temple University. It's also probably the worst neighborhood in the entire city. In fact, it's at the exact spot where Connie Mack Stadium once stood. Maybe YF has something against the Phillies.

6. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Seems to me if you want to honor soldiers you'd fight to keep them out of harm's way in the first place unless absolutely necessary

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've said it before on here. We are about a year or two away, if that, of standing ovations for cops at sporting events. It's going to be the soldier in the first inning, Officer Friendly in the second inning. Comic book superheroes, all of them.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yes, sending them there and telling them they can't shoot back is much better.

Draft saved Draft deleted