1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Philadelphia Eagles sign Asante Samuel...and other NFL news...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Feb 29, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Giants lost 2 LBs, Kiwaka Mitchell to Buffalo, Reggie Tobor to Miami and S Gibril Wilson to Oakland. Not worth what they are getting.

2. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

Supposedly, Philadelphia is shopping Lito. Rumors have been floating in the air with Arizona and Philadelphia. It's rumored to have Lito and Fitzgareld trading places, but I highly doubt it will happen because Fitzgareld would then be required to restructure his contract in Philadelphia, and if he doesn't want to restructure in Arizona, what makes Philly think he will restructure there?

I also agree that Samuel is over-rated. He's been a product of Belichick's system, and I highly doubt he is worth what he thought he was.

Thanks for that, Mr. Obvious.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sean Rogers-to-Cincy trade blows up.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080229/SPORTS0101/802290460

If he is on the Lions' roster as of 12:01 a.m. 3/1/08, he is due a roster bonus of $1,000,000.

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

At 5 years/$17 million, Mitchell's a solid upgrade over Ellison/Wire/DiGiorgio/other at WLB. Bills are also reportedly trying to work out a deal with JAX for Marcus Stroud, to plug into the gaping hole in the middle of their run defense.

Parcells isn't wasting any time in Miami, is he?

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

To be clear, whoever's roster he is on as of 12:01am, 3/1/08 is responsible for that $1 million bonus.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So undoubtedly the assembled NFL GMs, in their quest to lend hail-fellow-well-met Matt Millen a friendly helping hand, will be eager to seal that deal by midnight.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Most predictable post of the day.

And if he'd re-signed with the Pats he would have been the greatest corner in the league, right?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

And why can't guys just say it was about the money? Just once? Just say you went to the highest bidder.

Instead we get tripe like this:

"I just want a chance to be able to win and get back to the Super Bowl," Samuel said. "That's why I picked the Philadelphia Eagles."

Says the guy who just left A TEAM THAT WON ITS FIRST 18 GAMES AND HAS MADE THE SUPER BOWL FOUR TIMES IN SEVEN YEARS.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/02/lions_get_bodden_and_thirdroun.html

Now Rogers may be going to Cleveland for Leigh Bodden and a third-round pick.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Fat Albert is an upgrade over Dwayne Robertson.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah ... Philly is going to break the bank for a mediocre cornerback. ::) Are those fanboy glasses super-glued to your ears?

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hey, heeey, heeeey ... Bill Cosby would be proud.

Draft saved Draft deleted