1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phil Hughes out 3 months or more

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, May 1, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

With a broken rib. Hid the injury from the team, MRI today showed rib fracture...two months without touching a baseball. A least a monoth rehab after that.

Girardi broke it on his usual weekly spot on WFAN at 5:10 today before team released it to the media.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I mentioned this on the baseball thread (about five pages ago before the Cubs fanbois got loose).

The Yankees either announced it to the stadium or the media yesterday, because the Tigers announcers talked about it during yesterday's game.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Are nobody player baseball injuries usually deserving of their own thread?

No, only for the most provincial of hick fans.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How the hell do you hide--and hurl a baseball with--a fractured rib?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Give me a fucking break. Bubbler and Gutter made just as many posts as A_QB and ondeadline.

6. rube

rube Active Member

Amen.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Only when they are overrated NY prospects who have career losing records. Next up -- Paul Wilson out for the year!

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I predict Darrell Rasner comes up and wins at least 10 games if he doesn't get hurt.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Yankees announced last night he was going on the DL with a strained oblique muscle. They had no clue he had a broken rib until the MRI today.

But every fucking Cubs game needs a bunch of fucking fanboiloosers doing 9 pages of play-by-fucking-play and creaming over Carlos fucking Marmol and Kerry fucking Wood on the baseball thread.

Why don't you go dig up some molesting teacher stories, you pervert.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I hardly had any posts today and had none during the game itself. I believe I had three after the game. Not sure where that came from.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Phil Hughes, basically a batting practice pitcher, is out for three months. WOWEE!

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I never said anything about them being during the game.

EDIT: I'm just tired of someone pitching a fit any time a Cubs fan posts on the running MLB threads.

Draft saved Draft deleted