1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phil Gramm: What recession?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I followed and saw that you brought it up randomly. You took "shrinking paycheck" to mean higher taxes which was simply not what was the reason for the phrase.

Maybe you should have been the one reading the thread a bit better.

Never said that. But you can continue to be an ignorant troll and make shit up if you like.

But first, you might want to duck since those 12-year-old Uzi wielding neighbors are on a shooting spree again...

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

amen

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I know I'm a sexy guy, but you are just getting to be a bit stalkerish at this point.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The uber rich and massive corporations needs to be taxed more.

And, if your company is outsourcing, that tax needs to be a doozy.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Please, do better. Even you are able to do better than this.

I believe that, I really do......

On second thought, no I don't, this is all you got......

6. zagoshe

Yeah, that makes sense to me, tax those who create wealth and jobs at a rate so high they stop creating wealth and or jobs -- or better yet pass those tax hikes on to the middle and working class through higher prices.

And taxes -- through income taxes and any of the laundry list of taxes which we continue to add to the books every year (in my county alone there are three new taxes this year) -- are indeed part of the reason that we are all feeling like our paycheck is shrinking with respect to the cost of living.

Taxation is not the answer. Period.

The first step towards putting us on the right track is getting government spending under control. We should demand a very large cut in federal, state and local government budgets with a plan to slowly eliminate all of these insane taxes which continue to pop up every time a politician wants to pay for a new boondoggle.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Ironic that you would right this since the 12-year-old Uzi wielding neighbors was something you actually wrote, unlike, say, no taxes in Jersey. But hey, I understand your attraction to me. I get it a lot.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

America: Love it or leave it.

9. Yeah! Go back to Norway!

10. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Especially since partisan blame-laying is how politicians on both sides get elected a lot of the time. That and "likeability."

11. zagoshe

Do better.

And I can see your cheerleaders have arrived, which means it can't be long before Grimace weighs in with some pearls of wisdom......

12. zagoshe

Exactly -- you win elections by making promises and coming up with "solutions" --- all of which, no doubt will (a) cost a shitload (b) increase the budget and the beauracracy and (c) "force" said politician to make a "tough" choice to either raise a tax or create a new tax.......

Draft saved Draft deleted