1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phawker: Stephen A. Smith loses Inquirer column

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by beanpole, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The Inquirer sports section has been ravaged by cuts. They've lost between one-third and one-half their newsroom in the past two years, and I have a feeling a higher ratio of cuts came from sports than the rest of the place. Just a hunch.

2. boots

boots New Member

Wicked, the paper has been hit hard but the section IS STILL BETTER than Whitlock's on a daily basis. The Inky does not do college football well and it doesn't have to with the Eagles around. And in a town like Philadelphia, being a great columnist means generating informative and provocative thought. Right now, unfortunately, NO ONE fills the void between the Daily News and the Inky.
    Doctor when you decide to really bring stuff to the table instead of being a dickless assholish prick who keeps stirring up trouble, call me. I don't know you personally but I know from reading your posts that you have way too much free time on your hands.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It doesn't have to do college football well? Hello, how many Penn State alumni live in the city alone? Live within a 30-mile radius of the city?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Says the man who spent a year updating a fictitious thread on anal sex. Hypocrisy fits you well, Blarney.

And I'll remember the "dickless, assholish prick" line the next time you try to act high and mighty on another thread.

5. Well, that's certainly bringing something to the table.

6. boots

boots New Member

It's the fucking truth. This ass hole loves picking on people from his shit hole. I'm tired of it. He's a 20-something kid with a lot of fucking time to stir up shit.
    IT GETS OLD.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I love you, too, Blarney.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

This thread went down the tubes in a hurry.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm sure Blarney will be along to place blame shortly.

10. boots

boots New Member

No it's not down the tubes Wick. I've made my statement to the resident dickles troll and it ends there.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Like clockwork. Do you enjoy being a caricature, Blarney?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I knew it had been way too long since we had a stoob meltdown...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.