1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA Tour pro cards a 16

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm an average to slightly below-average golfer, but somehow I never make huge numbers. I don't think I've ever made more than a nine in 18 years of playing golf.

I think I'm so cautious on the golf course that I keep the damage limited. On the flip side, I never make birdies because I'm so tentative, never shoot at the flag and stay away from water and traps like they contain arsenic.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Since I now realize that the thread I started was a D_B, I'll repost my comments here.

Here's the Times take on it:

Two thoughts; for those of you who feel better about their own golf game after reading this, consider this, he still finished the round with only 80 strokes.

Also, it just shows that their are great stories wherever you look in sports. This was a lay-up for any newspaper. Give the details of Na's performance and go get reaction from golfers at the local public course. Curious to know if anyone else ran something similar.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You sure it's not because you raked your ball in and told someone, "just give me an 8."

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

No, my strategy is to simply pick the ball up once I get to seven and I'm not on the green and go to the next tee while letting the rest of my foursome finish the hole.

It's an effective strategy that has saved me from ever making a 10.

Also, I play insanely easy courses to stroke my golf ego.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I have played the adjoining course. If you are a couple inches off dead center, you're in deep trouble. Beautiful setting, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted