1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA Tour Pairing Question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 31, 2012.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Feherty follows the last group; Kostis, like today, follows the second-to-last group. Unless it's a runaway like last week and they're both in the last group, but that's super rare. Unless they mix it up, but CBS usually doesn't. It's pretty formulated how they do it -- and it's the best golf coverage out there.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Still has all of Frank Chirkinian's fingerprints on it. And that's just fine.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Booth announcers in suits and ties. No polo shirts. No matter the tournament -- St. Jude Classic or The Masters. The commentary is spirited, on target and quite often hilarious, especially with Feherty and McCord going back and forth. Chirkinian was brilliant in his time -- and in this time. Why mess with perfection?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Other than the individuals, it isn't much different than NBC. Three tower announcers, two or maybe three on course commentators, a host/interviewer for the big events.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My bad on Feherty. I don't know why I thought he followed the 2nd to last.....oh well.

Draft saved Draft deleted