1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He's still stuck in a bunker on the sixth hole at Royal Lytham in England.

2. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

Who's Tiger Woods?
    I keep waiting for Dufner to retreat among the has-beens, but he keeps playing his ass off.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Zach Johnson hangs around until the end, though.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Which is too bad because the Open should have been at the Country Club next year for the historical milestone.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned earlier that this was a true links course. I disagree.

This is a true seaside course, but I don't equate links and seaside as one and the same.
    Pebble Beach is a true seaside course as well, but that's as far from a true links course as you can get. Same with Torrey Pines.

I honestly can't think of many true links courses in use on the PGA Tour. I hear that Chambers Bay up in Washington has a real links feel to it.

5. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Woods/Bradley/Kaymer one of the marquee groups they'll be following online. But, the camera angles have been terrible (based on their first hole) and the "full screen" is more like 5/8 screen. Further, no iPad app, although there is one for iPhone.

6. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Also, insects chirping loudly.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

OK, I'll bite. Can you explain the difference?

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Kuchar's got a lot of years left.
    And it's Montgomerie.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is Joost Luiten Dutch for Joe Hardy? Guy who I defy even Hondo to say he's heard of is 8 under through 14 with six birdies, an eagle and no bogeys.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Shot a respectable 74, same as Steve Stricker and three shots better than former US Open champ Lucas Glover. Can make the cut with a decent round on Friday.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Oosthuizen turning it around from +2 to -2 on his back 9 was pretty amazing.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Very, very few trees. Hard, fast fairways. Plain-looking greens with lots of undulations in them. Small but very deep bunkers. The Ocean Course may not be a true links course, but it has a lot of links in it.

Draft saved Draft deleted