1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PG gives Morelli platform to bash HS coach?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 15, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't think he ever ripped his high school coach for how he was used in high school, but I remember plenty of observers and preps reporters in the area doing it because they never really put the offense in Morelli's hands.

2. InTheSkeller

InTheSkeller Member

What was up with that link? Some dude in Chambersburg has a problem with the Suhey kid getting a scholy, so he slams him in a column? Get a grip.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Actually was Jim Seip from the York Daily Record who wrote the column, FYI.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And the handle would seem to indicate you're a fanboy, too. :)

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Shot, I'll side with Skeller here. Does it really matter if Paterno uses one scholarship per year on a legacy?

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yup, wicked. You bet it does. Unless he's bringing in a top-10 class with the rest of them. (Which he isn't.)

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Nice.

Morelli = Sacca redux.

8. InTheSkeller

InTheSkeller Member

Really? I didn't realize college fb coaches had to put their recruiting picks to a public vote. I'm not clicking on why this torches your jets so much.

Oh, wait ... I forgot: we're talkng about a college fb recruiting class and not something trivial, like a nuclear weapons treaty or an AIDs vaccine. Sorry, Shot.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Back to the Rolling Rock ponies for you. ::)

Before you get silly again and compare this to real-world problems, I'll just remind you that in the little side world of sports, recruiting is huge stuff. Our department gets inundated with calls about it at this time of year. So don't act like it isn't significant to people who are discussing sports.

Nuclear weapons treaty? AIDS vaccine? Boy, did you ever crawl off the floor there.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, talk about bringing a thread back from the dead.

And, damn, I miss the Skeller. I might need to make a drive up there one night just because.

11. InTheSkeller

InTheSkeller Member

Yeah, I hadn't been on the board in a long time and figured why not dredge one up from the past.

And, actually, I was more of a ShandyGaff guy, myself. But the Skeller is universal, hence the handle.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Gaff is good for being drunken and sloppy. Always seemed like the easy-chick kind of place. (Not that I'd know.)

I'm a Phryst guy, myself.

/psuSportsJournalists.com

Draft saved Draft deleted