1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PG gives Morelli platform to bash HS coach?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 15, 2006.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Who cares what Morelli has to say? What has he done in college? Nothing! Absolutely nothing. He might not even start next year. Just another big time high school star who didn't do jack at the next level. It's a shame because he has all the physical tools, but just can't transfer them to the field.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He will start next year, trust me.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Because he's Italian, right? :D

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yes! That and Paterno rarely makes quarterback changes in the off-season if there is an incumbent returning.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Not if Devlin knows what 2+4 is, something Morelli might have a hard time figuring out

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Pat Devlin's not really done anything yet, either. Nor has Daryll Clark, nor has any young Suhey they want to offer up there.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

ANthony Morelli, Houston Texans third string QB, 2008 "You now, I really blame Joe Paterno and Jay Paterno for me not developing more as a quarterback. Had they redshirted me my freshman year I would have had three years in the offense as a starter, which would have really helped me both statistically and in terms of performance. And Jay really didnt do what I thought he would for me as a quarterbacks coach. Otherposition coaches call NFL scouts and talk up their players. Jay didn't do any of that."

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You forgot to add Galen Hall into the mix, BYM.

Devlin will not get a chance to start coming into 2007. If Morelli pulls a Matt Seneca, Devlin might later in the year. But Paterno has a history of sticking with incumbents coming out of the gate.

Consider this: Devlin was the fourth-string quarterback this year, behind Daryll Clark and Paul Cianciolo.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Devlin had mono and never got a chance to show what he could do. Trust me he's far better than Clark and Cianciolo. And anyone who thinks Clark is like Michael Robinson must have thought Wally Richardson was just going to step in for Kerry Collins in 95.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I saw Devlin in HS too, and he's not going to make anyone forget ...

... uh ...

... OK, I give up trying to think of a Penn State QB to finish that sentence.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Clark's performance in the Michigan game (given he was the third-stringer) was proof that the guy is nowhere near Robinson. He doesn't have the build. Robinson at least stepped in as a redshirt freshman and did a lot of things to compliment LJ.

Collins. You have to give it to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted