1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peyton, you're no longer a choker....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No, I disagree BT.

Peyton, today, had a hell of a comeback after f-ing it up in the first half. He did enough to win this game. While coaching has given him an assists on bad games, such as not being able to pick up the blitz that messes up his timing routes he has against the Houstons and Clevelands of the world, and even the Vanderbilts when he was at UT (what big game did he win there save for a near-choke in his only SEC title game?), he's done plenty himself.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

But boy, he sure sucked in that Orange Bowl. :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This is what drives me nuts.

What near-choke?

His teammates fumbled FOUR TIMES.

He threw one pass in the end zone that bounced off his receiver's numbers and into the hands of an Auburn DB, who ran 70 yards the other way (and was tackled by Manning).

And he still found a way to bring the team back and win 30-29.

You show me a QB that has ever overcome FIVE turnovers by his teammates in a big game and managed to win the game.

He probably shouldn't have played.

He injured his knee during the aforementioned tackle, and it was the size of a grapefruit. Not that it would have mattered, since Nebraska ran for about 350 yards against UT's defense that night.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Given that Manning is the most ubiquitous shill in sports, if the Colts win the Super Bowl, Manning will have to retire so he'll have time to do all the endorsements that'll come his way. ESPN can save itself the effort of having anyone else promote its programming. It'll be All-Manning, All The Time.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What's true about Manning is true about Dungy

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

.... and none of the people "covering" (is that what it is?) said sport have enough knowledge to figure out that pretty basic fucking fact.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

BT... they are the basest of rubes, or they don't believe what they are typing and are intentionally posting this idiocy to get a rise out of you, or me.

Either way, consider the source.

8. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

Manning still hasn't won THE big one yet. Relax people.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, until he becomes a tennis player or a golfer, HE never will win the big one.

But his team might.

Maybe if this point is repeated 23,000 more times it will finally sink in.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There are currently 10 threads on this page devoted to the Super Bowl.

I am in awe.

Pace yourselves, folks.

They don't play the game for two weeks.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Peyton's no Tee Martin.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Tee has a ring though, doesn't he?

Draft saved Draft deleted