1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Feb 20, 2009.

1. I know how that goes. We took little dude to the vet on Thursday to get his one-year shots. They had trouble getting a vein to draw blood -- had to stick the dude four or five times before they finally got a vein. Plus, the shots were a lot for his immune system to handle, so he was pretty depressed for about an entire day. Broke my heart. Thank God he's back to normal now.

The wife's been begging me to get us a girl Corgi ... might just have to do it soon.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Great pics moddy.

I think in the original "help me name my dog" thread I had suggested Ella as short for Nutella, the name suits after seeing her.

eere is one more pic of our goofy boy. He is a complete land shark and the electric collar is the only thing that deters him from stealing food off the counter.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Here's our dude getting his sleep on. Corgis sleep in all kinds of funky positions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Like RossLT, I am a beagle man.

This is Rexi, and she will eat your face if you piss her off.

Well, she would, if she could muster a single ounce of anger.

[​IMG]

5. I love beagles. Used to raise them years ago, and I miss my girl all the time.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, my wife and I have the most pathetic dog in the world.

This is Lil 93 and Soozie, our Dachshund.

My wife rescued Soozie about three years ago when Soozie was 9-ish. Soozie never really had her teeth cleaned, so they were rotted and infected at the time of adoption. She sneezed almost non-stop due to the infections reaching her sinuses.

We had to pull all of her teeth, and she is fine now. The only drawback is Soozie cannot keep her tongue in her mouth. It really is quite pathetic.

What makes this even worse is she plays the badass in the backyard trying to run down squirrels who just too damn fast and smart for her.

She is a good dog, though. She adores attention and my especially attention for my wife. She is indifferent to Lil 93, but she has never been aggressive at all towards Lil 93.

Oh, Lil 93 freeking loves her.

[​IMG]

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i can't remember if i posted this one of logan before or not so forgive the possible d_b and shame on me for not taking any puppy pix in a while.

water dogs are too cool!

[​IMG]

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Holy crap, she's so cute. I always get adult dogs from the pound, and often wish I could have known them as puppies. I always tell myself that just once in my life I'll get a purebred puppy. In exchange, later in my life I'll get involved with rescuing older dogs, which is a great cause.

Awesome, awesome picture, 93. I had a black-and-tan dachshund as a kid, and have some great memories of her.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Now I know what I was missing with "Lame-lips," over there.

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Solid, Gutter. I might actually turn that into a LOLcat for my desktop. Perfect. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted