1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 8, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm pretty sure Shep would eat Maggie, who is sprawled on my lap as I type. She'd sniff him in a friendly gesture and he'd devour her in one gulp.

Casey would give a good fight though.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Actually, he's kind of dumb. He can tear apart a coyote but he'd probably get his ass kicked by a cat.

3. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

One cat. She bites me every day and would eat my dead carcass in an instant if she could. But I love her anyways. Best damn idea my girlfriend ever had.

4. My cat wouldn't stoop to eat me. I'm not good enough for him. He gets an attitude if I leave even a smidgen of mayonaise on a piece of turkey from my sandwich.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

My late, great hero, Jake. I thought he would live forever, and he damn near did:

[​IMG]

My new boy, Toby, who I love like crazy. He's not burdened with an abundance of intelligence, but he's as sweet as any dog I've ever met.

[​IMG]

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Toby's my kinda dog. I like me a good nawin' stick too.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A 15-pound deaf beast named Franklin who showed up at my folks house begging about three years ago.

I got stranded in the snow last week and almost cried when I had to call the vet's office and tell them to keep him another day.

He sleeps on me. Not by me. Not against me. On me.

And, regarding cats v. dogs, it's just different. Someday when I have a house I'll have a dog. But I'm inherently suspicious of unconditional love. Cats make you work for it. I can respect that.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, he likes a good stick. But mostly he just runs, all the time. He'll fetch a ball as far as I can throw it 100 times and run as hard after the last one as the first one. Skinny as a rail, even on super high-calorie food. He must burn 10,000 calories a day.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Dammit, Shep won't fetch. He's by no means a retriever. He's a shepherding dog ... so he'll play 'chase' but definitely not 'fetch.' Matter of fact, if I throw a stick, he gives me a particularly indignant look and walks in the other direction.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Man, I thought having our 6.5 pound cat sleep on me was uncomfortable.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's earned unconditional love. If that makes any sense.

12. Unconditionable love until you put that plate of food down for the cat to eat ...

Draft saved Draft deleted