1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets of SJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KG, Aug 16, 2008.

1. KG

KG Active Member

I have a new ray of sunshine to share with you all, so I thought I'd make a place for all the little SportsJournalists.com furbabies to shine.

This is the newest Lil' G
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've only had her for a couple of hours, so she doesn't have a name yet. I'll keep you posted on that part.

She's a Plott Hound and will end up about 65-70 pounds, but right now she's only about seven pounds.

This is my good ol' boy Travis. I've had him for six years.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He gets "nekkid" in the summer. That little booger weighs in at about 45 pounds.

Travis is terrified of water, but my new Lil' G has such webbed feet that you'd think she's part duck. I'm hoping she'll like the water a little more than Travis.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

My little guy is terrified of water, too.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Your new baby is brindle-striped like my dog.

I do know we've had this thread a time or two, but your dogs are cute so there's no way I'd call this a db. :D

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Awesome thread; I just wish I had pics of my two dogs, Casey and Ginger. Casey's an 11-year-old mutt, and I have never found a vet who was able to tell me what she is. Ginger's a 10-year-old lab mix. She looks like a chocolate lab, but she has Rottweiller markings on her face. They're both great around people, but they hate each other.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Typical self-loathing White Sox fans.

6. KG

KG Active Member

I just love the brindle markings. That was the first thing that caught my eye as soon as I walked into the room at the shelter.

Can you believe the people that had her before surrendered her because she bit?

Nine. Weeks. Old.

I'm thinking, "Hello people. She's a puppy. Of course she's going to nip and scratch at first. She's a puppy. It's what they do."

That's OK though, it just meant that she got to come live with me.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Feed that fucker after midnight. Just once.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Are you really that stupid?

Never mind.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would have posted a pet, but for that darn NSFW rule.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I enjoy the extra cash my pet provides.

[​IMG]

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Dooley, do you really want to go to your room?

12. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

You new little pup is a-freakin'-dorable, KG! I'm completely jealous. :) I'll get on board with the real thread...

My little furball is a LOLcat waiting to happen ... I just haven't found the right picture and caption combo. And don't let the cute face fool you, he's a chubby (and very furry) little kid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, for the sake of the pups, this is the dog I picked out five years ago for my parents. He lives with them, but I adore and spoil him as my own whenever I see him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted