1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets of SJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 1, 2021.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

SS,

Click on Upload a File. Then click on Full Image. That will place the image inline, so make sure you have your cursor where you want the image to go before doing this.

Regards,
    VB

866C49B4-6104-48C9-ACDE-0895CF736142.jpeg

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I highlighted the Upload a File button above.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This is Jax - He started as my wife's dog with another dude, they broke up, and I entered the picture around age 3 or 4. He's around 9 now and has arthritis, so he's slowing down a bit. A total momma's boy - he borks at most men, and he's still not entirely comfortable with me. She got him DNA tested the past year - About half Australian cattle dog, 17 percent Chow Chow, 12 percent Pomeranian, 5 percent Chihuahua, and 4 percent Terrier. We now call him Mr. Chow Chow sometimes as a result.

Jax - Driving.jpg

When we did our drive from RI to TX and parked, he didn't realize we were now "home," and the next morning, he led us out to the garage and hopped up behind the wheel.

Jax - Sleepy.jpg

Total momma's boy.

Jax - Sleepy Two.jpg

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

thumbnail.jpg

This is Magnolia, aka Mags, aka Maggie Mae, aka The Divine Miss M, Mistress of All She Surveys. She's a Ragdoll kitty, sweet, loving, with an unerring eye for baskets of clean laundry. They make great beds to get long cat hair all over.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Sweet babies, all of them!

ChrisLong, OscarMadison and Killick like this.
  6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

We’re lucky to have them, one and all.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Back when the dogs were young enough to get on the bed . . . clockwise from bottom: Dikusha, Vaska, Snezhok (Snowball), Borislavchik.

I used to name my pets after tennis players (Steffi, Boris, Venus, etc.). What the heck happened?

petstoo.jpg

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

So, where is your bed?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sleeping bag on the other side of the animals' bed. :)

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

ChrisLong and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The cat, now 8. We've had her since the day she was born.
    Our chimney had a loose piece of siding, and a pregnant feral cat found her way in there and had her kittens. Five in all. A day or two after they were born I was cutting grass near the chimney and saw a bunch of fur. I thought it was a dead animal, then saw it was bigger and multiple colors, and finally saw it move and realized it was mama and her kittens.
    I left them alone for a couple of days hoping they'd move on, but when they didn't we put some food out and the mama took up residence in our carport. By the end of summer, we had given three of them away and another disappeared and was presumed dead. That left the mama and this one. Mama started to get mean, so we had to run her off (we did get her spayed before that), and let the little one come in the house as it turned colder. Eight years later, she's still here.

031717-Cat-Dog-1-WEB.JPG

Wenders, maumann, Gutter and 7 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted