1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Petraeus on Capitol Hill and here it's quiet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I guess you're waiting for his highness to confront the evildoers tonight, as Obama is scheduled to speak.

But gee, you missed not only McCain's questioning, but a few staffers from Sen. Kennedy's office, no doubt, being respectful of the hearings. CNN reports.

And I'm sure this will get chewed on eventually, seeing as how the generally held belief amongst war opposition is that this was supposed to be like surgery:

"Conceding the many convoluted situations plaguing the war-ravaged nation, Crocker said, "Mr. Chairman, almost everything about Iraq is difficult."

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't understand what I just read.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Iraq was supposed to be easy, remember?

"It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." -- Donald Rumsfeld, Feb., 2003

I thought you left, what happened?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[quote author=Yawn]OK, so you believe I'm a troll, a plant trying to make conservatives look bad, whatever. The only people in the world who give a shit are yourselves.

It's really too bad that you can't suppose a situation like the one I mentioned. If you didn't feel that way, that's all you had to say. Instead, you do the very thing you accuse me of doing, trashing, name-calling and all that shit. Call me all you want, but know well that you are hypocrites when you try to take the high road.

I'm probably going to take a break from this. There's enough in the world to be angry at these days, and I really don't want to be angry when I visit a damn bulletin board when I try to throw something out for discussion. You don't want to realize that there's half a country who gets more nervous sitting next to a group Muslim men ages 24-30 on an airplane as opposed to a club of grandmothers, then go ahead and close your eyes. You want to dismiss half the country who has an opinion contrary to yours on gay marriage and label them all hatemongerers or bigots, then by all means, find a place on earth where you have a world that agrees totally with you.

Sianara. And of course don't forget to call names, spew venom, and be what you claim I am.
    [/quote]

Apparently, "sianara," when run through Dooleyfish, means "I'll be back in less than 48 hours."

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't really care about Yawn's political leanings. He just writes really shitty posts.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Repped for real talk.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Damn me for working!!

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're reading an account of Gibson's homer.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Yawn, you just proved what I've been saying about you. All you do here is attempt to cause trouble. You add nothing but a waste of bandwith. You are the very example of a troll.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The indecipherable written by the insensible in service of the impenetrable.

12. OK, I'll bite.
    He thinks we have to be there until we win.
    He doesn't know what that means, but he'll know it when he sees it.
    More troops, more time.
    He's crazy.
    Next question.

Draft saved Draft deleted