1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think she is.

2. Mizzougrad96

She could have applied without telling him and he still helped her get the job.

That's not her fault. That's not his fault. That's just reality.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's the Patriot Way.

4. Mizzougrad96

I wonder how much of it has to do with Belichick and how much has to do with his two high profile relationships.

Whatever he's doing, he's doing it right because he seemed all but given a pass for ditching the pregnant girlfriend, although it probably doesn't hurt that she has a rep for being a nutjob. Maybe his people started that rumor. :)

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've never found King to be on his knees for The Pats like he does for some other teams.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Brady's getting a pass for that hideous haircut too.

And that is the Patriot Way: Polite but extremely distant. Don't give anyone any ammo for the "Patriots hate the media" storyline, but don't offer up anything other than distant professionalism. Drew Bledsoe had his guys in the press. That didn't work out all that well for him in the end.

Nobody says anything of note and everyone toes the company line. It's really admirable how Belichick has done this in the age of 24/7 media. I'm not sure anybody else could pull it off. Or maybe it is pulled off but in smaller markets and I don't notice, I dunno.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There have been candid Patriots in the Belichick era -- Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, Tedi Bruschi, and, when he talks, Randy Moss. The thing is, however, when a team is winning and winning big, what is there to talk about that isn't plain vanilla in terms of newsworthiness.
    Happy families are all alike. Goes for football teams, too. And happiness, while a cherished condition, is seldom exciting copy.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

But even Moss got called into the principal's office and then did damage control afterward.

I bet Dennis Green, Norv Turner, et al, are wishing they had the Belichick magic potion when it comes to dealing with Moss.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

By "cover," I meant that King had the full story on Audigate and Tom's not to blame. Because PK said so.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, it was just King who said he wasn't to blame. I must have missed the stories where the authorities put the blame on Brady.

Do you have any info that says he was to blame?

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I found this to be totally interesting:

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2010/09/14/brady_may_have_given_to_charity_but_did_he_need_to_take_from_it/

12. Mizzougrad96

I've never thought King plays favorites among teams. I think it has more to do with specific players and coaches.

I still think his MMQB is a must-read for any NFL fan.

A friend works at SI.com and he said that at one point, MMQB was getting more clicks in a week than the next 10 most popular stories on the site combined.

Draft saved Draft deleted