1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King is Scaring Me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Between Tiki's giant teeth and Peter King's alway's somber tone I am finding Football Night in America a very unsettling experience.

I am waiting for King to come on and tell us he has just spoken with Putin and the missles are on the way.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Um, I'm not sure he should be smiling and laughing while reporting on Kevin Everett's condition.

3. Boom_70

Understand but that is his tone on anything he does.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I agree. PK always acts as though he's reporting on events of major world importance. He's so serious that it's almost comical. That whole NBC studio show is a little too somber for my taste. They don't have to cackle like Howie, Terry and Jimmy on Fox, but lighten up a little, for chrissake.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I could have done without Costas laughing at everything Olbermann said.
    If he said something funny, let me decide, Bob, don't need to sell it.

6. Boom_70

I am also sick of the pile on Tom Coughlin stance that NBC seems to have taken. Say what you want about Couglin but his career body of work is that of a very good football coach.

Tki is the bad guy here. Coughlin has not even commented.

We get it Tiki - you don't like Coughlin but the fact is that you had your best years under him. He made you a better player.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

How's Pete handling that Saints loss? Hope he's ok.

8. "Very good."
    Yeah. that Hall of Fame Bowl win at BC resonates through history.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I just want Peter King to tell us A) what he had at Starbucks this morning and B) how Mary Beth is doing in her sorority beer pong league.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

*applauds* :)

11. Boom_70

Outing alert -- Fenian is really Tiki Barber.

There are far worse coaches than Tom Coughlin. What has Couglin done to deserve being the butt of a running NBC joke.

12. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Coughlin takes himself so seriously that it's impossible not to mock him. When he was in Jacksonville, the guy said he was "miffed" about fans failing to support the team in satisfactory numbers for a game with the Bengals. Keep in mind, they won the game, but TC felt selling out the stadium was insufficient dedication - the fans are also obligated to show up. The fact the game was being played during a tropical storm might have had something to do with the poor attendance, but that was no excuse. THIS IS NFL FOOTBALL, dammit! Nothing else matters.

Draft saved Draft deleted