1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King gets pwned on Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by swamp trash, Apr 3, 2012.

1. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

http://twitter.com/#!/si_peterking:

Curtis Lofton, Chris Chamberlain, David Hawthorne. Get the message, Jonathan Vilma?

http://twitter.com/#!/JonVilma51:

that u know how to type peoples names?? reckless journalism is beneath you sir. You've become a glorified blogger

:D

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Twitter has not been too kind to Peter King. He often puts his foot in his mouth and fans enjoy being able to push it further down his throat.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was awesome.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

ZING!

Funny stuff.

6. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

This. I would say his credibility has taken a shot since he started interacting on Twitter.

7. doodah2

doodah2 Guest

What is Jonathan Vilma's relation to the other players he mentioned? Other than being teammates.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am sorry, but I don't see what King did wrong here. He is noting that the Saints are signing as many linebackers as they can, and it's a pretty good guess that they're doing it because they're planning on Vilma being suspended. I would expect that dumbass Saints fans (of which there are many, and I imagine someone called "swamp trash" is one) would take Vilma's side. But Vilma really didn't do anything to answer what King was saying.

But we'll revisit it when the suspensions come down and Vilma either is or isn't on the list.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

They're all free agent linebackers signed by the Saints in the past few weeks.

And what's wrong is that King is being his usual douchy self by engaging in a public pissing match with a player. It's one thing for a top NFL writer to be critical of the Saints, it's quite another for that writer to engage in childish tongue-wagging toward a player in a public social media.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't see it. "Get the message, Jonathan Vilma" is pretty accurate.

People love to hate Peter King, I get that, but Vilma's just playing to his choir of chuckleheads who don't think he did anything wrong.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

So PK is being scolded for recklessness by a guy who rewarded teammates for hurting people. OK then. (If that's really Vilma's Twitter and not just some fanboi running it)

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

he should have said:

@PeterKing Sorry, can't hear you. Plowing the ever-holy hell out of some chick named Mary Beth.

[/SportsJournalists.comclassic]

Draft saved Draft deleted