1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter King Better Deals the Bucs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This note in "Post Cards from Tampa" struck me as odd:

"At One Buc Place, the team's training facility in Tampa. Due to me having to be in New York by 3 p.m. for NBC Football Night in America meetings, I'm forced to eschew watching the Bucs' practice today. Instead, with the help of ace PR aide Jason Wahlers, I'll get breakfast briefings from coach Raheem Morris and GM Mark Dominik, then spend a few minutes apiece with quarterback Josh Freeman, cornerback Aqib Talib and three rookies -- Gerald McCoy, Arrelious Benn and Mike Williams. Sorry for not being able to make the observations I normally can make by watching practice."

Why bother going to Tampa if you can't do full visit? He did find his way to dining room though.

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Doubt he missed much.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Any dining room's a good dining room for PK

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Only if it includes those yogurt covered pretzels he loves.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just a hunch that Peter blew off The Bucs so he could go to Yankee game - not the NBC kickoff mtg.

Mr. Starwood Preferred Member Travel Note of the Week I

Before I get to my travel note, "Catwoman in Row 5,'' how's this for a miracle-of-modern-travel itinerary:

Monday, 7-9:45 a.m., Tampa: Interviews at Buc facility with coach Raheem Morris, GM Mark Dominik and players Josh Freeman, Gerald McCoy, receivers Arrelious Benn and Mike Williams and cornerback Aqib Talib.

Monday, 11:35 a.m.: JetBlue flight, Tampa to JFK.

Monday, 3 p.m., Manhattan: NBC Football Night in America meeting.

Monday, 7 p.m., Bronx: Yankees-Blue Jays.

Tuesday, 7:45 a.m.: Continental flight, Newark to San Diego.

Tuesday, noon, San Diego: 4.5-mile run on treadmill at local fitness place.

Tuesday, 4 p.m., San Diego: Chargers practice, preceded by an interview with GM A.J. Smith, followed by interviews with players Ryan Mathews, kicker Nate Kaeding and coach Norv Turner.

Tuesday, 8 p.m.: Virgin America flight, San Diego to San Francisco. (And may I say that was one of the most pleasant flying experiences I've had in a while.)

Tuesday, 11 p.m.: Arrive in Santa Clara, Calif., for Wednesday's day with the Niners.

Now, I can't pack much more into two days than that.

Draft saved Draft deleted