1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Passive aggressive subtweeting posters on message boards.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Name names!
    Was it Ned Isakoff?

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Co-workers who decide to make a phone call when you're on the phone.

I get answering a call, but unless there's breaking news, you can wait a minute for me to finish my call before you start squawking into the phone from five feet away.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Co-workers who walk right past your desk on their way outside for a smoke break, then return to ask you a question reeking of cigarettes.

HandsomeHarley likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Co-workers.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The overuse of lol.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

An internal tweet is a DM. Agreed, one of my serious pet peeves. Directly related to sports radio people telling me they "tweeted out" whatever and you can read about the story that's pinned at the top of their Twitter page. Look, I'm in the car. I'm not going to your Twitter page.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

What used to annoy me when we weren't as connected was listening to the sports report on an all-news station while driving Sunday evening, and only getting two local NFL scores and being told, "find the rest of the scores at KPOD.com"

If I had access to a device where I could get to KPOD.com. I wouldn't be listening to you. Just read all the damn scores.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Or the reports that say "winners last night were Braves, Reds, Marlins, Giants and Mets." I didn't memorize the schedule, would it kill you to add who they beat?

dixiehack likes this.
  10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

When someone uses the number zero when the meant to use the letter o and vice versa.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

It's probably that pederast Hanrahan.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Still saying the year as 0-16 or 0-17. Were almost done with the second decade can we stop with the 00s already?

Draft saved Draft deleted