1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

THIS is why I make sure my girlfriend doesn't know where I go on the internet. And I protect my cell phone. TW, you are an idiot. You deserved the nine iron.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is a different thread - awful life choices.

CD Boogie likes this.
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is a good one, but I've said, "No, I don't want to take the trash out" a few too many times.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Trust me, there are a lot of times when I've WANTED to take the trash out. Usually after cleaning out the fridge.

5. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

This is what I found last year on the first day at the Ohio state high school track meet in the pass lot used for media and school vehicles.
    [​IMG]

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with anything?

Yes! I will never understand the obsession with backing into parking spots. Need a quick getaway? WTF?

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

People with physical problems often find it easier – and safer – to back in first.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, that's a fair point. But back when I lived in an apartment, it seemed half the folks had to back into their spots. And my asshole neighbor always does it. (though I think that's to obscure his license plate from scrutiny). But I don't get it.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The only time I back into my spot is before a snowstorm, just because it's easier to dig out and go forward than it is to dig out and go backward.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Stayed in Arizona last week to see some spring training games. Our hotel was in Glendale, down the road from the Peoria ballpark, and down the road in the other direction was a place we ate at a couple times. Looks like a coffee-shop type place on the outside, but on the inside it's more of a casual restaurant with a bar area that has a few flatscreens. Good 'sports bar' type area. Except, it's a breakfast-lunch type place that closes at 3 p.m. every day. Good food, popular place, but not the kind of establishment you'd expect to shut down in the afternoon.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd say that is the rare exception of people I see backing into parking spots.
    It annoys me.

Also, with regard to parking, people who block all traffic while waiting for a spot. More and more often I see people who think it is acceptable to block other traffic in a parking lot while waiting for a spot.

I say you get about 60 seconds. It's just an issue of lucky or unlucky timing. If it's going to take more than 60 seconds for that person to load his/her stuff into the car and pull out of the spot, you are not entitled to sit there and wait while cars pile up behind you.

Ace and Batman like this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And in those 60 seconds they waited to get a spot 20 feet closer, they could have been in the front door.
    When I was a kid, my mom would do that. She had a handicapped sticker (bad knees) and would pass up spots in the third row to circle the lot and wait on a handicapped spot.
    My wife has a sticker now that I keep in my car for when we go out together. I do one pass of the closer spots, and then I'm taking the best available.

Draft saved Draft deleted