1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Persons Unknown

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Jun 16, 2010.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching?

I find it interesting and am curious to see which way it goes.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

JR and I are in. Interesting so far. The used car salesman is the designated dick.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I laughed at the idea that he and the dude from "Spin City" could beat up anybody.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

Yeah, I'm watching. It has some ingredients from my favorites - The Twilight Zone and LOST. It's been a while since I watched The Prisoner, but it has some of that mixed in as well.

A few things jumped out to me that I didn't like, though.

1) After they wind up back at the town and the hotel manager steps out in front of their parked van, they all just get out and walk inside. Ummm... no questions about how you just left yet managed to end up where you were trying to leave? And how is the hotel manager completely unmarked after taking that beating? Most importantly, how was he able to run through that forcefield while none of you could?

2) Why do you continue to eat like nothing is wrong? Trapped and confused humans don't sit down and eat like nothing is wrong. They boycott. They yell. The fight. They obsessively ask questions. They even kill. The people need to show more urgency.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Interesting plot twist in episode four.

Five episodes in, not a bad summer show--mostly by default

There's absolutely nothing much else to watch. As Springsteen said, 500 channels and nothing to watch.

However, on July 25, Mad Men returns. Hurray!

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Season has ended. What's your take?

Liked the series at first, got bored a bit in the middle and was anxious to see how its ended.

I was disappointed that NBC skipped an episode, putting it online only. Also didn't like that they were touting all season that our questions would be answered at the end of the season, and the finale provided more questions and but few answers.

7. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Yeah, it all sort of ended up like a big tease. It's somewhat like the first season didn't even happen now. They've just given it a restart by putting almost all the same people back into the town, throwing in a slight tweak with this "Level 2" stuff.

Seems like it'd be detrimental to their cause, putting all these people back together when they all know from the outset that Joe has connections to the mysterious kidnappers and the hotel manager was one of the kidnapped people the last time. The only reason not to separate them into different towns would be to fuck with them, which I guess could be the goal, but it seems like a tedious goal that isn't all that compelling to watch.

I doubt I'll watch Season 2, for what that's worth.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I doubt that there will be a Season 2, don't you?

9. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Fair point. I really hadn't heard. I doubt the ratings were great, but I don't know how high their standards are for mid-summer shows with no stars.

Draft saved Draft deleted