1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/moretop2/orl-marie-moore-shooting-video-040809,0,4312955.story?track=rss

Mother kills son and herself at Orlando burb gun range on surveillance camera (disturbing, but not really graphic)

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves o

Wow, celebrating somebody's death because you don't like guns. Amazing.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off

Anybody can rent a gun at a shooting range? You gotta be shitting me.

And, Inky, I don't think anyone is celebrating somebody's death. Some of us are just disgusted by the incidents of gun violence in our supposedly civilized country.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off

What a sadly disturbing story. Mental health or not....

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves o

Just offering it up as a possibility based on the frantic pace set in the first quarter of the year.

But, at least your momentous streak of posts showing off your reading-comprehension shortcomings is alive and well.

6. Inky_Wretch

"If we're lucky, perhaps the NRA and gun-ban opponents will kill themselves off" sure sounds like somebody hoping people will die. If it's not celebrating, it's at least wishful thinking on Simon's part.

And since I'm a gun owner, I guess Simon is hoping I die.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Guns don't kill people. Stupid, and or irresponsible people do.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Overreact much?

9. Inky_Wretch

Not as much as Simon.

How else am I, an opponent of a gun ban, supposed to read that?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Rent a gun? Hell, for $125 you can shoot a fuckin' AK-47.

http://washingtonindependent.com/37511/at-gun-show-conservatives-panic-about-obama

That place, sadly, is less than 10 miles from my house. Check out the photo essay link at the bottom of the story.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

fixed

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess we can start by defining "gun ban."

1. Ban all guns

OR

2. Require courses and certification and training and background checks that take a minimum of 6 months to complete before anyone can legally purchase one.

OR

3. Something in the middle.

Draft saved Draft deleted