1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

percy harvin, what a knucklehead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jun 29, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

nothing illegal yet, just continued stupidity: he's the only one of 256 drafted rookies not at the nfl's rookie symposium.

i'm sure his excuse will be excellent. but why is it always the eff ups who insist on effing up, over and over? ??? ??? ???

four rooks from last year, chris long, bobby douglas, eddie royal and someone i'm blankng on, took a day in june to address the rooks. so did mike tomlin.

but no harvin. what a complete douche. :mad: :mad: :mad:

oops. now nfl net's reporting harvin did show up but was sent home sick. geez, isn't this the second time something like this happened to him the offseason? i sure hope he's all right. ::) ::) ::)

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

So it is your belief that he isn't sick?

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Indeed, we need to wait a few hours or days and get the facts as they unfold.

On a side note, I'm sure hoping the other JShockey is recovered from his summer drinking episode and ready to barrel over some would-be tacklers.
    Saints'll be 12-4 minimum if everyone pitches in.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'm sayin' it's always the percy harvins of the world who get sent home from school with a tummy ache. this kid gets zero benefit of the doubt from me. he dropped like a rock in the first round of the draft for this exact reason -- he's and off the charts talent with very suspect character issues.

hey, i wish no ill will on him or the vikes. just sayin' i never would've drafted him. let him go prove my fears are unfounded. if he plays a dozen years with multiple pro bowls and never ends up suspended i'll happily apologize.

just sayin' this is a wager i don't feel uncomfortable waging at the moment.

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Now, blitz, you do know these are the Saints you're talking about. You know, the team that makes Joe Blfsk (he of the perpetual dark cloud over his head) look like Sister Sunshine.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So, by your logic the Lions should go 16-0.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

They've got about four folks for sure - Colston, Meachem, Bush, Lance Moore - who match Mr. Harvin's output potential.
    And several tight ends in the fold to keep defenses honest.

13-3 is a possibility.

As for Harvin, he'd have been better off staying in college a bit longer, but the lure of the instant money got to him as it did so many others.
    Good luck to Percy. He certainly has potential, but will flourish with a solid QB.
    Saints have one of those and he loves distributing the ball to multiple targets.
    I always hesitiate to mention Devry Henderson, who has dropped many passes.
    But even he has the speed and capability for big plays that Percy has.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Let's not go crazy here.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I hope Harvin does well, but I get the feeling he will face the same issues as Reggie Bush did initially.

With regard to that, I hope Harvin's O-Coordinator understands how he can be used effectively. If he does, Harvin could provide a nice jolt.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Until his tummy hurts again.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I guess you don't need defense to win anymore. When is the last time Shockey has been relevant?

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Probably. I heard Kevin Smith say it was a "new atmosphere" yesterday on the television.

We should all probably pre order our Lions Super Bowl tickets now.

Draft saved Draft deleted