1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Percosets are awesome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, May 17, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I'm alive. They were able to repair without cutting through the triceps. However, my radial nerve is fucked and it could take up to a year to fully heal.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Glad you're OK... Hang in there man...

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, hang tough, Ruckus.
    Hope the worst stuff is over.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What does that mean in practical terms? You won't have full movement, or full strength?

What are you in now? Sling, cast?

Anyway, I guess it sounds like it went about as well as could be expected. Still sucks. Hope you feel better.

Makes me realize how lucky I am. A physical injury would really fuck me, not to mention the pain.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

By the sounds of that, though, it will heal, correct? And, as it heals, what are the main problems in its current state?

How you feeling? Has the surgery helped with the pain? I hope so. Otherwise, keep up with the Percoset as needed. Hope you're feeling a lot better soon.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sponge bath?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I am allergic to Percoset or any drug with _set as a suffix.

However, unlike my mother who is allergic to codeine, I can consume the drank like it was Jack Daniel's.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My wife has chronic back pain, along with fibromyalgia. She was prescribed percoset, and they worked fabulously ... until she developed an allergy to it. Started itching all over, stopped taking it and the itching went away, went back on it and the itching resumed. Very frustrating.

Draft saved Draft deleted