1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People rioting over new Air Jordans - really

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WolvEagle, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't know how many pairs of Air Jordans I have owned......I know I had a pair of the first ones.......the ones with the 23 on the side toward the bottom of the shoe........and my basketball officiating shoes for the past 2 years are the Black/Black ones from last year.

if you use them a lot, they are actually very comfortable shoes. I've had several pairs of Air Max, and they just don't feel stable at all. Same with the Shox.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

It has taken me a while to respond to this, out of my embarrassment of Houston. In the links I watched for the other towns, people were actually speaking a recognizable form of English. In the Houston one linked here, I just thought it was horrible. There is the woman who is shoving chips into her mouth while being interviewed. In another Houston station's report (I am not posting it here, you can Google it if you want) a boy licks his shoes he just bought and a woman is quoted as saying "ammonia" instead of pneumonia. Then there was the woman who was arrested for leaving her 1 year old and 3 year old in the car alone while she went in the store. The displays of people acting like this and speaking like this while on camera quite frankly leave me speechless. The face that these displays happened here where I live (and not anywhere else that I saw) is just embarrassing to me.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And now we have this Mall of America riot from Monday. Again, the economy must not be this bad if these kids have the time and money to go to malls, spend money and start the occasional brawl.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They weren't there to spend money. They were there to listen to Lil' Wayne and Drake (who?), and then start the brawl.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Gotta HATE The Drake

Draft saved Draft deleted