1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People in the newsroom who loudly refer to a college team as 'we'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Starman, Mar 8, 2012.

1. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

It's Dont'a. Nick Saban requires you to do 150 stadiums before you're allowed to kiss his ring again.

And you call yourself a fan. SMH.

(All that should be in a blue font, btw. But I'm doing a quick reply and there's no blue button.)

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Damn it. Called on a typo two pages later. Well played, Mauer.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This is the reason I left work yesterday. I didn't want to run around yelling WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN after VCU "shaka-ed" the world again. So I did it home, with only Ella as a witness.
    She's been sworn to secrecy.

I will do it again tomorrow night when "we" send Indiana home.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Don't bet the mortgage on that, Moddy. #IUhomer

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Well, life had potentially become a bit more complicated because I graduated from two universities that I thought would never become sports opponents.

But, tonight, if we are on the very top of our game and beat North Carolina, on Sunday we will probably play us (provided that underdog North Carolina State doesn't beat us.).

Then, what do I do? I mean, in some ways it would be cool if we beat us because we aren't really much of an established basketball powerhouse and it would be a welcome change of pace if we could play in the Final Four.

But, on the other hand, I'm sort of accustomed to seeing us do well in the tournament. Just making it a couple of rounds in is no longer that much of a big deal to us. We haven't set the bar all that high, but a top finish is still important to us.

Of course, we probably can't beat North Carolina, so after a brief, but moving ceremony I'll pass the we onto us and annoy the desk with chalky rocks.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Brilliant. I kind of wish we and us had both won for your sake.

Draft saved Draft deleted