1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People in my office suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pilot, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You know how you deal with this shit?

Move up in the biz and get your own office. [/Hondo]

2. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

I always liked the designation of DAR -- dumber than a rock.

I could unleash a million tales about a former co-worker who is obese and partially deaf, but umm..I just won't. There's this think called Karma and I don't want to be online someday reading someone telling tales about me!

3. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

I have to deal with the Manny Ramirez/Ichiro-stalking, kid-punching baseball hoarder who has his own MLBlog, has appeared on national TV so people can openly laugh at him, and has written a book about how to snare balls. Did I mention the dude (28) is single?

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

I know this dude. At least he's lived.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Be honest, you evil prick. Your laugh was full of mirth.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

At the last paper where I worked, a guy a couple of desks behind me would clip his fingernails while talking on the phone. For some reason, hearing that little "clip, clip, clip" just bugged me.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

So the cough is still terrible today, but we finally sort of made a big deal about it last night and he said he'd go to the doctor later this week. I'll believe it when I see it -- the guy honestly doesn't look like he's ever, ever, ever been to a doctor.

BUT, it clearly is going to get worse before it gets better. Now not only is his cough louder and deeper with every gurgling hack, he's burping and sighing and making all sorts of weird ass noises. I really think he's going to explode here in a few hours.

If I don't make it home for Thanksgiving, my parents are going to be friggen pissed ... someone please tell them what happened to me.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Thought I'd update because I'm so miserable I don't know what else to do.

Anyway, dude "went to the doc" last Wednesday, but when I came back to work Monday, that claim was very very very suspect. Cough is still God awful. Hacking, gurgling, snotty heaves followed by whimpering and supplemented by burps, farts and stomach noise I can here from 10 feet.

My boss quizzed him about his visit to the doc, and none of the answers made sense. The only thing he's taking is Robitusm and cough drops (which he chews, thus rendering an already useless tool somehow more useless).

He has sounded like death for three weeks now, and I just went back and dug up and email where I complained to someone in the office about his coughing from Sept. It wasn't' nearly as bad then, but it was obvious more than 60 days ago.

We've all told him to go to the doc 10 times. One guy suggested a specific doc three weeks ago. He can't be contagious or else we'd all be dead. But this is just unreal. Absolutely unreal. I'm a guy that can find humor in about anything — and I still think it's somewhat funny that this dude seems to be ignoring the loss of his lung — but its really not even at all funny anymore. I keep waiting for him to collapse on the floor. It is really really miserable sitting where I am today.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ask human resources to install sneeze guards around your desk. Tell 'em you have a doctor's note that states you can't be subject to the continual dispersal of germs the dude gives off.

That should get some action started. Or at least you'll have a unique work area.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Camo cough silencer

$24.99 plus shipping and handling from Cabela's, 115 Cabela Dr., Sidney, NE 69160, 800-237-4444 (fax 308-254-6745); www.cabelas.com. Suggested by Jennifer Karulski of Tucson.

It's a question we all ask ourselves: "If we can have silencers for our pistols, why can't we have silencers for our throats?"

The answer is: At last, we can! This cough silencer was developed by leading researchers in the hunting community to enable outdoorspersons to cough silently and thus avoid scaring away a woodland creature before the outdoorsperson has the opportunity to blow it into tiny furred smithereens.

The beauty of this silencer is that it is -- like pretty much everything your serious outdoorsperson owns -- painted in camouflage, which means it is completely invisible to the naked eye, making it ideal for use in movie theaters, libraries, etc.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God. Everyone in the office will pitch in, I know it. I'm going to buy one tonight.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure where one end goes. Where does the other attach?

Draft saved Draft deleted